Do you want to take your crochet projects from good to great? We’re here for you! Each issue of I Like Crochet features several how-to articles from your favorite designers and crochet experts. We learn something new with every issue, too. There’s so much to know about our beloved craft—it’s a life-long learning opportunity!
Working the Magic Loop with Maria O’Keefe
One of our favorite magazine features is “Too Cool for Stitch School,” where we go deep with techniques and stitch patterns and how to work them. One of the most popular tricks is the Magic Loop. This little loop is the best way to begin a circular crochet project, such as amigurumi, where you don’t want there to be a hole at the start of the pattern. It really is magic! Learn how to master this technique in 5 easy steps.
Isn’t that great? And we have MORE crochet tips and tricks to make you a better crocheter!
These crochet secrets will make you say “Hooray, crochet!”
Inline vs Tapered Crochet Hooks: Which is the best crochet hook for you? Discover the answer as we debate this age-old topic. Crocheters all have their preferences as to which hook feels better. “This hook holds the yarn better!” “This one puts less stress on your wrist! “This hook helps you maintain a consistent tension!” Someone new to crochet could go crazy reading the pro/con lists before choosing a hook. Let us demystify it for you—learn why some people prefer one hook over the other.
The crocodile stitch is used in all kinds of patterns, from toys to shawls to home décor. The pretty scallops dress up any project, and when you want texture, it’s just the thing. This stitch is especially great for making “feathers” on stuffed toys. The crocodile stitch is made up of a series of double crochets worked into the post stitch—while it might look intimidating, once you’ve mastered it, you’ll love incorporating it into your crocheted pieces. You’ll definitely want to check out our crocodile stitch tutorial!
From beginning to finishing, stitch your way to better crochet!
- Tame those loose ends! Finishing can really make or break a project, and weaving in those pesky ends is something that we don’t love to do, but we have to do it. Amanda Saladin teaches you 4 ways to weave in ends quickly and easily. Achieve the professional finish you deserve.
- Nothing is more frustrating in the land of crochet than putting a lot of time, effort, and materials into a garment and having it wind up with a poor, unflattering fit. Expert Mary Beth Temple helps you get the perfect fit in Making It Fit: Adapting Crochet Patterns for Plus Sizes.
- Bulky scarves are super cozy, but sometimes the style quotient isn’t as high as we want it to be. I Like Crochet comes to the rescue with Super Scarf Style: 6 Ways to Wear a Bulky Scarf. Turn one scarf pattern into a whole closet of scarves, simply by twisting and turning it in different ways.
- After spending countless hours crocheting, you want make sure your hot-off-the-hook items are in the best position possible for a long beautiful life. In her tutorial, Four Simple Ways to Store and Care for Your Crochet Wear, Arica Presinal shows you how to make your precious crocheted items last for years to come.
To ensure a successful crocheting experience, all of I Like Crochet’s patterns include the following:
- Complete stitch instructions
- List of necessary materials
- Special stitch instructions
- Pattern notes when necessary
- Finishing instructions
- Detailed photography
Level up your crochet skills with tips, tricks, and tidbits from the experts at I Like Crochet!
Get an entire library of everything about crochet—with your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership. Plus, FREE instant access to our on-demand streaming crochet video — when you join today!
But this is just a fraction of what you’ll get with an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership—your membership includes subscriptions to the I Like Crochet Magazine Club and to the I Like Crochet Collections Club; full and immediate access to the digital library of 5+ years of magazine issues with 700+ crochet patterns and articles; step-by-step instructions for patterns; and video tutorials and full-color photographs for details about projects and stitches. All included with your Charter Membership!
Your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership gives you access to our crochet patterns and content, 24-hours-a-day on whatever device you prefer—desktop, laptop, or tablet! And the content is fully searchable, so you can find exactly what you want—when you want it—at your fingertips in an instant.
Here are just a few of the tantalizing patterns sitting in our library right now — you’ll get instant access when you join the I Like Crochet Gold Club as a Charter Member:
- Cuddly Crochet Baby Blankets
- Super-Cute Amigurumi
- Blue Sage Hooded Shawl
- Easygoing Crochet Tank
- Circular Chenille Afghan
- Marigold Blanket
- Baby Owl Bib
- Moonlit Shells Shawl
- Monster Baby Booties
- Adult Pocket Scarf
- Cropped Victoria Top
- Vine and Twigs Scarf
- Verde Velvet Pillow
- Kaja C2C Rug
- Flying Geese Jacket
- Two Sisters Lake Sweater
And the library of photos and video tutorials is gorgeous, inspiring, and practical—showing you exactly how your finished patterns should look and exactly how to execute, even the difficult ones!
When you join our #1 community for crochet-lovers, you’ll receive all of the handy benefits that crocheters everywhere have been buzzing about:
- You’ll learn new stitch techniques with a variety of patterns that range from beginner to advanced.
- You’ll find expert tips and tricks that will help you achieve professional results.
- You’ll start getting requests for your stunning crocheted items from your family and friends.
- You’ll have access to renowned designer patterns and tutorials from all over the world.
- You’ll never worry about mistakes in patterns or ripping out your progress because our tech-edited patterns are curated from trusted designers in the crochet community.
- You’ll be connected to an online community of crocheters who are just as passionate as you!
Don’t miss out on this exclusive charter membership offer to get all of the above and more!
When you activate your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership today, you’ll get access to everything we have about crocheting—all access and all the time:
- A full year of upcoming issues of I Like Crochet magazine—BOTH the web edition and the tablet edition, including nearly 100 exclusive designer crochet patterns and articles with step-by-step instructions, video tutorials and full-color photography for details of projects and stitches
- Instant access to EVERY issue we’ve ever published—a vast library of more than 5 years of issues with 700+ patterns and articles
- A full-year’s subscription to the I Like Crochet Collections Club that includes gorgeous designer patterns
- Regular e-newsletters, full of the latest crochet tips & tricks
- Free patterns, expert tips, and Crochet Along community events
- FREE Bonus! FREE access to our on-demand streaming crochet video Crochet Secrets Revealed: 12 Tutorials by Michael Sellick—featuring patterns and tips from an expert designer. FREE, instant, full, and unlimited access for you right now!
And here is what you don’t get when you become a Charter Member of the I Like Crochet Gold Club—advertisements! That’s right, we’re advertising-free, so that we can devote more time, space, and effort to helping you be an awesome crocheter!
All of this is available to you—right now—when you claim your Charter Membership to I Like Crochet Gold Club. This special introductory offer includes FREE unlimited access to our on-demand streaming crochet video Crochet Secrets Revealed: 12 Tutorials by Michael Sellick…our gift to you for signing up now!
No other online magazine has this much information about crochet all in one place for your easy access!
Crocheters everywhere have been enjoying I Like Crochet magazine for years, and now it’s better than ever with more benefits, patterns, and content than you could ever dream of—with an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership.
Charter Membership Offer is
Now in Effect for You!
When you respond today, you’ll not only get your Charter Membership benefits, but you’ll also receive FREE unlimited access to our premium on-demand streaming crochet video Crochet Secrets Revealed: 12 Tutorials by Michael Sellick. FREE, instant, full, and unlimited, access for you right now! Claim this special Charter Membership offer today—while it lasts!
When we first put this new club together for crocheters like you, your needs and desires were top-of mind. We’re the ultimate resource and network for crocheters everywhere, offering original designer patterns and content from authoritative and respected voices in the crochet world.
I think you’ll agree that this really is an unusual offer, plus FREE access to our premium on-demand streaming crochet video when you become an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Member today! It’s an incredible deal that you don’t want to ignore!
Why not be among the select group of crocheters to join us today and benefit from all the valuable information about crocheting that you can’t get anywhere else?
Become an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Member today—while this special offer lasts!
Editor, I Like Crochet Magazine