Skill level: Easy
Squirrel! Yes, Acorn, the amigurumi squirrel will grab your attention—and win your heart. This cute little critter has an impressive tail, big eyes, a black nose—and she’s even holding her favorite crocheted nut!
Acorn the Squirrel joins our collection of crochet amigurumi patterns that will delight you and your crochet friends— both young and old. If you’re not familiar with crocheted stuffed animals, they are inspired by the Japanese art of crocheting small, adorable, toys. The term amigurumi is a mash-up of the words for “crocheted or knitted” and “stuffed doll.”
Amigurumi go anywhere a stuffed animal would go. On top of your computer or desk, perched on a bedside table or shelf, in a school locker—and of course kids love to play with them! Make them big or small and insert pipe cleaners to make some of the parts flexible if you like. Many amigurumi patterns are animals, but you’re likely to find amigurumi tea cups, mermaids, cartoon characters, succulents,—and so on.
But, back to Acorn the Squirrel. This 3” x 5” cutie by crochet designer Tanya Eberhardt is easy to make—yes, amigurumi can be easy! The pattern is worked in the round from the top down, and you can use a magic ring to begin. You make each body part (and the acorn) separately, stitch them together, and stuff with your choice of filling before finishing.
The Acorn the (Crochet Amigurumi) Squirrel pattern from I Like Crochet includes:
- Complete stitch instructions
- List of materials, notions, and hook size
- Pattern notes
- Finishing instructions
But this is just a fraction of what you’ll get with an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership—your membership includes subscriptions to I Like Crochet magazine and to the I Like Crochet Collections Club; full and immediate access to the digital library of 4+ years of magazine issues with 600+ crochet patterns and articles; step-by-step instructions for patterns; and video tutorials and full-color photographs for details about projects and stitches.
Your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership gives you unlimited access to all of our crochet patterns and content, 24-hours-a-day on whatever device you prefer—desktop, laptop, or tablet. And the content is fully searchable, so you can find exactly what you want—when you want it—at your fingertips in an instant.
Here are just a few of the tantalizing patterns sitting in our library right now—and all contained in a single issue—to which you’ll get instant access when you join the I Like Crochet Gold Club as a Charter Member:
- Ambrosia Hooded Scarf
- Crispin Poncho
- McIntosh Sweater
- Allspice Tote
- Nutmeg Trail Afghan
- Sweet Cinnamon Table Runner
- Candysaurus Rex
- Tealight Owl Treat Bag
- Belle of the Bow Cowl
- Strawberry Shortcake Hat
- Filet Crochet in Shades of Gray Scarf
- Bringing Back Bows Tee
- Cardamom Mini Purse
- PLUS, don’t miss our article discussing the debate between tapered vs. inline hooks! And I didn’t even list all of the patterns and articles in this particular issue!
And the library of photos and video tutorials is gorgeous, inspiring, and practical—showing you exactly how your finished patterns should look and exactly how to execute stitches and patterns, even the difficult ones!
When you join today, you’ll be connected to anything and everything about crochet—and you’ll enjoy all these benefits:
- You’ll learn all about every type of pattern and stitch in the crochet world, because we cover it all—from easy to intermediate and difficult, you’ll master every pattern.
- You’ll be the best crocheter you can be with regular, ongoing tips and tricks about materials and techniques that will help your work shine!
- You’ll build your reputation as a terrific crocheter in your circle of friends and family when you honor them with the gift of your craftwork.
- You’ll learn from known expert crochet designers, because I Like Crochet has access to the best of the best—access you’d be hard pressed to get on your own.
- And you’ll be instantly connected to the entire crochet community for idea-sharing, learning, and the bonding that comes when passionate crocheters meet (even if it’s only “meeting” online!).
How can you not consider becoming an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Member?
When you activate your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership today, you’ll get access to everything we have about crocheting—all access and all the time:
- A full year of upcoming issues of I Like Crochetmagazine—BOTH the web edition and the tablet edition, including 150+ exclusive designer crochet patterns and articles with step-by-step instructions, video tutorials and full-color photography for details of projects and stitches
- Instant access to EVERY issue we’ve ever published—a vast library of more than 4 years of issues with 600+ patterns and articles
- A full-year’s subscription to the I Like CrochetCollections Club that includes 50+ gorgeous designer patterns
- Regular e-newsletters full of the latest crochet tips & tricks
And here is what you don’t get when you become a Charter Member of the I Like Crochet Gold Club—advertisements! That’s right, we’re advertising-free, so that we can devote more time, space, and effort to helping you be an awesome crocheter!
All of this is available to you —right now—when you claim your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership.
No other source in the world has everything about crochet, all in one place and vetted and curated for your easy access and use.
Crocheters everywhere have been enjoying I Like Crochet magazine for years, and now it’s better than ever with more benefits, patterns, and content than you could ever dream of—with an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership.
When we first put this new club together for crocheters like you, your needs and desires were top-of mind. We’re the ultimate resource and network for crocheters everywhere, offering original designer patterns and content from authoritative and respected voices in the crochet world.
I think you’ll agree that this really is an unusual offer—Half-Off to become an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Member today! It’s an incredible deal that you don’t want to ignore!
Why not be among the select group of crocheters to join us today and benefit from all the valuable information about crocheting that you can’t get anywhere else?
Become an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Member today—while this special offer lasts!