Skill level: Intermediate
Are you planning a beach vacation? We’ve got the perfect bag to take along—the Weekend Escape Tote!
Sharon Ballsmith’s design is both beautiful and practical. She used a shell stitch to design this bag, which is super sturdy and stretchy; just what you need when you’re packing all of your summer reading, sunscreen, and other beach essentials.
The Weekend Escape Tote is crocheted with shell stitches, and worked from the bottom up. The shell pattern is worked to the bag top, and then a single crochet edging is stitched around the opening. The border splits to begin the handles, so this is a one-piece wonder! A firm crochet trim makes the handles super sturdy, so you can tote all of your essentials without worrying that your bag will stretch out of shape.
The Weekend Escape Tote does double duty as a market bag, too. The stretchy nature of the bag makes it perfect for carrying all of your favorite fruits and veggies, and even that gorgeous bouquet you can’t pass up. Take it to the farmer’s market or the corner store!
Sharon includes instructions for blocking the tote so that the beautiful shell pattern opens up and looks its best.
The Weekend Escape Tote pattern includes:
- Complete stitch instructions
- A list of necessary materials
- Stitch abbreviations
- Special stitch tips
- Pattern notes
- Finishing instructions
- Detailed photography
This pattern is easily memorized and quick to crochet. So go ahead and work it up for your next trip to the beach, to the market, or anywhere!
You’ll find this pattern in the I Like Crochet pattern library. And, did you know you can have access to it anywhere you go? Just become a Gold Club Member, and you’ll be able to view this charming weekend escape tote pattern on your desktop, laptop or tablet – whichever device you prefer!
Of course, when you become a Gold Club member, you’ll also get instant access to stitch tips and tutorials, and—oh yes—hundreds of patterns for everything from amigurumi and afghans to scarves and shawls! And don’t forget the best part—you can take all of it with you wherever you want to crochet – on the sofa, at the park, on a plane or train … it’s up to you!
Get an entire library of everything about crochet—with your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership. Only 23¢ a week when you join today!
But this is just a fraction of what you’ll get with an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership—your membership includes subscriptions to the I Like Crochet Magazine Club and to the I Like Crochet Collections Club; full and immediate access to the digital library of 5+ years of magazine issues with 700+ crochet patterns and articles; step-by-step instructions for patterns; and video tutorials and full-color photographs for details about projects and stitches. All for just 23¢ a week with your Charter Membership!
Your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership gives you access to our crochet patterns and content, 24-hours-a-day on whatever device you prefer—desktop, laptop, or tablet…even on your phone! And the content is fully searchable, so you can find exactly what you want—when you want it—at your fingertips in an instant.
Here are just a few of the tantalizing patterns sitting in our library right now—and all contained in a single issue—to which you’ll get instant access when you join the I Like Crochet Gold Club as a Charter Member:
- Magnolia Scalloped Cardigan
- Bright and Early Hexagon Pillow
- Buttercup Butterfly Booties
- Spring Playdate Dress
- Ocean Air Top
- Blythe Filet Shawl
- Daffodil the Duck Pull Toy
- Poppy Scalloped Top
- Butterfly Garden Skirt
- Sleep Bright Blanket
- Petunia the Pillow Buddy Bunny
- Duck, Duck, Goose! Baby Blanket
And the library of photos and video tutorials is gorgeous, inspiring, and practical—showing you exactly how your finished patterns should look and exactly how to execute, even the difficult ones!
When you join our #1 community for crochet-lovers, you’ll receive all of the handy benefits that crocheters everywhere have been buzzing about:
- You'll learn new stitch techniques with a variety of patterns that range from beginner to advanced.
- You'll find expert tips and tricks that will help you achieve professional results.
- You'll start getting requests for your stunning crocheted items from your family and friends.
- You'll have access to renowned designer patterns and tutorials from all over the world.
- You’ll never worry about mistakes in patterns or ripping out your progress because our tech-edited patterns are curated from trusted designers in the crochet community.
- You'll be connected to an online community of crocheters who are just as passionate as you!
Don't miss out on this exclusive charter membership offer to get all of the above and more!
When you activate your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership today, you’ll get access to everything we have about crocheting—all access and all the time:
- A full year of upcoming issues of I Like Crochet magazine—BOTH the web edition and the tablet edition, including nearly 100 exclusive designer crochet patterns and articles with step-by-step instructions, video tutorials and full-color photography for details of projects and stitches
- Instant access to EVERY issue we’ve ever published—a vast library of more than 5 years of issues with 700+ patterns and articles
- A full-year’s subscription to the I Like Crochet Collections Club that includes gorgeous designer patterns
- Regular e-newsletters, full of the latest crochet tips & tricks
- Free patterns, expert tips, and Crochet Along community events
And here is what you don’t get when you become a Charter Member of the I Like Crochet Gold Club—advertisements! That’s right, we’re advertising-free, so that we can devote more time, space, and effort to helping you be an awesome crocheter!
All of this is available to you—right now—when you claim your special 23¢ a week Charter Membership to I Like Crochet Gold Club. Act right now!
No other online magazine has this much information about crochet all in one place for your easy access!
Crocheters everywhere have been enjoying I Like Crochet magazine for years, and now it’s better than ever with more benefits, patterns, and content than you could ever dream of—with an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership.
Charter Membership Offer for Only 23¢ a week is
Now in Effect for You!
When you respond today, you’ll get your Charter Membership for only 23¢/week! Claim this special Charter Membership offer today—while it lasts!
When we first put this new club together for crocheters like you, your needs and desires were top-of mind. We’re the ultimate resource and network for crocheters everywhere, offering original designer patterns and content from authoritative and respected voices in the crochet world.
I think you’ll agree that this really is an unusual offer—only 23¢/week, when you become an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Member today! It’s an incredible deal that you don’t want to ignore!
Why not be among the select group of crocheters to join us today and benefit from all the valuable information about crocheting that you can’t get anywhere else?
Become an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Member today—while this special offer lasts!
Editor, I Like Crochet Magazine