Skill level: Easy
Now, here is the holy grail of crochet sweater patterns—an easy cardigan that looks good on everyone! The Cascading Waterfall Cardigan, with its flowy shape and lightweight lace design, is the one you’ve been looking for.
What makes this cardigan such a winner? So many reasons! Because of its lines, the pattern flatters everyone. Instead of coming in at the waist, the lower part of this sweater drapes over your hips, cascading like a waterfall. The lack of waist shaping makes the pattern easy to work up without having to worry about sizing. The extra-fine merino yarn paired with the lacy shell stitch gives the design an airy look and feel.
The openwork crochet shells and lace edging also give this sweater a feminine feel. The design is simple enough to wear with a floral dress yet has enough texture to add interest to a little black dress. We love how this design looks in magenta, but this cardigan would look wonderful in any color.
You’ll work the Cascading Waterfall Cardigan beginning at the left-front edge, repeating rows until you reach the desired size. Create the left and then right armhole, then the cardigan edging. Make the sleeves and the sleeve edging, and you’re ready to finish, block and wear it everywhere!
Expert crochet designer Nazanin Fard is well-loved by I Like Crochet followers because each and every one of her patterns looks fresh, trendy, and unique. Nazanin first took up needlework at age 4, and has published more than 700 knitting and crochet patterns over the years. Her sweater, vest, and wrap patterns are the prettiest, and we’re thrilled to offer many of Nazanin’s designs in our magazine archive.
The Cascading Waterfall Cardigan pattern includes:
• Complete stitch instructions
• List of necessary materials
• Special stitch instructions
• Pattern notes
• Detailed photography
• Finishing instructions
Not only is the Cascading Waterfall Cardigan perfect for spring and summer, you can wear it all through autumn. Throw it over a sun dress, wear it on a cool evening out for dinner, or keep it at the office for days when someone cranks up the air conditioning! It’s the perfect pattern for every level of crocheter who wants a pretty, lightweight cardigan that makes her look and feel fabulous.
Get an entire library of everything about crochet—with your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership. HALF-PRICE when you join today, plus two FREE crochet DVDs!
But this is just a fraction of what you’ll get with an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership—your membership includes subscriptions to the I Like Crochet Magazine Club and to the I Like Crochet Collections Club; full and immediate access to the digital library of 4+ years of magazine issues with 600+ crochet patterns and articles; step-by-step instructions for patterns; and video tutorials and full-color photographs for details about projects and stitches. Plus, two FREE copies of our crochet DVD “Crochet Secrets Revealed: 12 Tutorials by Michael Sellick” for you right now—one to keep, and one to give as a gift to a fellow crocheter.
Your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership gives you access to our crochet patterns and content, 24-hours-a-day on whatever device you prefer—desktop, laptop, or tablet…even on your phone! And the content is fully searchable, so you can find exactly what you want—when you want it—at your fingertips in an instant.
Here are just a few of the tantalizing patterns sitting in our library right now—and all contained in a single issue—to which you’ll get instant access when you join the I Like Crochet Gold Club as a Charter Member:
- Merry & Bright Garland
- One Skein Joy Slippers
- Cady Cowl
- Dachshund Through the Snow Amigurumi
- Belle Brioche Beanie
- Powder Polar Bear Pocket Scarf
- Penguin Waddle Rattle
- Lucy Scarf
- Merry Chrismoose Lighted Pillow
- Felix Faux Fur-Lined Cowl
- Poinsettia Tote
- Blizzard Bear Hat
- Cup of Kindness Mug Cozy & Coaster
And the library of photos and video tutorials is gorgeous, inspiring, and practical—showing you exactly how your finished patterns should look and exactly how to execute, even the difficult ones!
When you join our #1 community for crochet-lovers, you’ll receive all of the handy benefits that crocheters everywhere have been buzzing about:
- You'll learn new stitch techniques with a variety of patterns that range from beginner to advanced.
- You'll find expert tips and tricks that will help you achieve professional results.
- You'll start getting requests for your stunning crocheted items from your family and friends. (Pssst! Christmas is coming… it’s time to get started on your handmade gifts!)
- You'll have access to renowned designer patterns and tutorials from all over the world.
- You’ll never worry about mistakes in patterns or ripping out your progress because our tech-edited patterns are curated from trusted designers in the crochet community.
- You'll be connected to an online community of crocheters who are just as passionate as you!
Don't miss out on this exclusive charter membership offer to get all of the above and more!
When you activate your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership today, you’ll get access to everything we have about crocheting—all access and all the time:
- A full year of upcoming issues of I Like Crochet magazine—BOTH the web edition and the tablet edition, including 150+ exclusive designer crochet patterns and articles with step-by-step instructions, video tutorials and full-color photography for details of projects and stitches
- Instant access to EVERY issue we’ve ever published—a vast library of more than 4 years of issues with 600+ patterns and articles
- A full-year’s subscription to the I Like Crochet Collections Club that includes gorgeous designer patterns
- Regular e-newsletters, full of the latest crochet tips & tricks
- Free patterns, expert tips, and Crochet Along community events
- NEW! 2 FREE copies of our just-released “Crochet Secrets Revealed: 12 Tutorials by Michael Sellick” DVD—featuring patterns and tips from an expert designer. Keep one for yourself and give one as a gift to a lucky friend!
And here is what you don’t get when you become a Charter Member of the I Like Crochet Gold Club—advertisements! That’s right, we’re advertising-free, so that we can devote more time, space, and effort to helping you be an awesome crocheter!
All of this is available to you—right now—when you claim your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership. Special HALF PRICE offer that includes two FREE copies of our latest DVD “Crochet Secrets Revealed: 12 Tutorials by Michael Sellick”…our gift to you this holiday season!
No other online magazine has this much information about crochet all in one place for your easy access!
Crocheters everywhere have been enjoying I Like Crochet magazine for years, and now it’s better than ever with more benefits, patterns, and content than you could ever dream of—with an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership.
HALF-PRICE Charter Membership Offer is Now in Effect for You!
Plus, 2 FREE copies of our latest crochet DVD!
When you respond today, you’ll not only get your membership for HALF-OFF the regular price, but you’ll also receive 2 FREE copies of our “Crochet Secrets Revealed: 12 Tutorials by Michael Sellick” DVD…one DVD to keep and one that makes a perfect holiday gift!
When we first put this new club together for crocheters like you, your needs and desires were top-of mind. We’re the ultimate resource and network for crocheters everywhere, offering original designer patterns and content from authoritative and respected voices in the crochet world.
I think you’ll agree that this really is an unusual offer—HALF PRICE, plus 2 FREE crochet DVDs when you become an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Member today! It’s an incredible deal that you don’t want to ignore!
Why not be among the select group of crocheters to join us today and benefit from all the valuable information about crocheting that you can’t get anywhere else?
Become an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Member today—while this special offer lasts!