Skill level: Easy
Now, here is the holy grail of crochet sweater patterns—an easy cardigan that looks good on everyone! The Cascading Waterfall Cardigan, with its flowy shape and lightweight lace design, is the one you’ve been looking for.
What makes this cardigan such a winner? So many reasons! Because of its lines, the pattern flatters everyone. Instead of coming in at the waist, the lower part of this sweater drapes over your hips, cascading like a waterfall. The lack of waist shaping makes the pattern easy to work up without having to worry about sizing. The extra-fine merino yarn paired with the lacy shell stitch gives the design an airy look and feel.
The openwork crochet shells and lace edging also give this sweater a feminine feel. The design is simple enough to wear with a floral dress yet has enough texture to add interest to a little black dress. We love how this design looks in magenta, but this cardigan would look wonderful in any color.
You’ll work the Cascading Waterfall Cardigan beginning at the left-front edge, repeating rows until you reach the desired size. Create the left and then right armhole, then the cardigan edging. Make the sleeves and the sleeve edging, and you’re ready to finish, block and wear it everywhere!
Expert crochet designer Nazanin Fard is well-loved by I Like Crochet followers because each and every one of her patterns looks fresh, trendy, and unique. Nazanin first took up needlework at age 4, and has published more than 700 knitting and crochet patterns over the years. Her sweater, vest, and wrap patterns are the prettiest, and we’re thrilled to offer many of Nazanin’s designs in our magazine archive.
The Cascading Waterfall Cardigan pattern includes:
• Complete stitch instructions
• List of necessary materials
• Special stitch instructions
• Pattern notes
• Detailed photography
• Finishing instructions
Not only is the Cascading Waterfall Cardigan perfect for spring and summer, you can wear it all through autumn. Throw it over a sun dress, wear it on a cool evening out for dinner, or keep it at the office for days when someone cranks up the air conditioning! It’s the perfect pattern for every level of crocheter who wants a pretty, lightweight cardigan that makes her look and feel fabulous.
But this crochet pattern is just a fraction of what you’ll get with an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership—your membership includes subscriptions to I Like Crochet magazine and to the I Like Crochet Collections Club; full and immediate access to the digital library of 4+ years of magazine issues with 600+ crochet patterns and articles; step-by-step instructions for patterns; and video tutorials and full-color photographs for details about projects and stitches.
Your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership gives you unlimited access to all of our crochet patterns and content, 24-hours-a-day on whatever device you prefer—desktop, laptop, or tablet. And the content is fully searchable, so you can find exactly what you want—when you want it—at your fingertips in an instant.
Here are just a few of the tantalizing patterns sitting in our library right now—and all contained in a single issue—to which you’ll get instant access when you join the I Like Crochet Gold Club as a Charter Member:
- Ambrosia Hooded Scarf
- Crispin Poncho
- McIntosh Sweater
- Allspice Tote
- Nutmeg Trail Afghan
- Sweet Cinnamon Table Runner
- Candysaurus Rex
- Tealight Owl Treat Bag
- Belle of the Bow Cowl
- Strawberry Shortcake Hat
- Filet Crochet in Shades of Gray Scarf
- Bringing Back Bows Tee
- Cardamom Mini Purse
- PLUS, don’t miss our article discussing the debate between tapered vs. inline hooks! And I didn’t even list all of the patterns and articles in this particular issue!
And the library of photos and video tutorials is gorgeous, inspiring, and practical—showing you exactly how your finished patterns should look and exactly how to execute stitches and patterns, even the difficult ones!
When you join today, you’ll be connected to anything and everything about crochet—and you’ll enjoy all these benefits:
- You’ll learn all about every type of pattern and stitch in the crochet world, because we cover it all—from easy to intermediate and difficult, you’ll master every pattern.
- You’ll be the best crocheter you can be with regular, ongoing tips and tricks about materials and techniques that will help your work shine!
- You’ll build your reputation as a terrific crocheter in your circle of friends and family when you honor them with the gift of your craftwork.
- You’ll learn from known expert crochet designers, because I Like Crochet has access to the best of the best—access you’d be hard pressed to get on your own.
- And you’ll be instantly connected to the entire crochet community for idea-sharing, learning, and the bonding that comes when passionate crocheters meet (even if it’s only “meeting” online!).
How can you not consider becoming an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Member?
When you activate your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership today, you’ll get access to everything we have about crocheting—all access and all the time:
- A full year of upcoming issues of I Like Crochetmagazine—BOTH the web edition and the tablet edition, including 150+ exclusive designer crochet patterns and articles with step-by-step instructions, video tutorials and full-color photography for details of projects and stitches
- Instant access to EVERY issue we’ve ever published—a vast library of more than 4 years of issues with 600+ patterns and articles
- A full-year’s subscription to the I Like CrochetCollections Club that includes 50+ gorgeous designer patterns
- Regular e-newsletters full of the latest crochet tips & tricks
And here is what you don’t get when you become a Charter Member of the I Like Crochet Gold Club—advertisements! That’s right, we’re advertising-free, so that we can devote more time, space, and effort to helping you be an awesome crocheter!
All of this is available to you —right now—when you claim your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership.
No other source in the world has everything about crochet, all in one place and vetted and curated for your easy access and use.
Crocheters everywhere have been enjoying I Like Crochet magazine for years, and now it’s better than ever with more benefits, patterns, and content than you could ever dream of—with an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership.
When we first put this new club together for crocheters like you, your needs and desires were top-of mind. We’re the ultimate resource and network for crocheters everywhere, offering original designer patterns and content from authoritative and respected voices in the crochet world.
I think you’ll agree that this really is an unusual offer—Half-Off to become an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Member today! It’s an incredible deal that you don’t want to ignore!
Why not be among the select group of crocheters to join us today and benefit from all the valuable information about crocheting that you can’t get anywhere else?
Become an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Member today—while this special offer lasts!