What can you crochet that’s easy, colorful, and classic? One of our absolute favorites that fits all three of these requirements in the New Easy Granny Blanket. This blanket has it all: the cozy comfort you expect from a visit to granny’s house, and the vivid colors you want to chase away the chill on a cool night.
You won’t find any boring colors in this 38” x 35” blanket. Tanya Eberhardt brings us a spiced-up version of the granny blanket tradition with granny squares of various sizes and colors to give the blanket a patchwork feel. The layout is interesting to work and the border really brings out the excitement of the pattern.
The Merino wool, microfiber, and acrylic yarn give the New Easy Granny Blanket a soft, luxurious feel that’s right at home on your couch, a favorite chair, or the guest bed. Personally, I like to curl up with this blanket on my lap while I’m working on my next crochet project. You really can’t go wrong with this eye-catching update to a classic.
The pattern includes:
- Complete stitch instructions
- List of necessary materials, notions, and hook size
- Pattern and special stitch notes
- Finishing instructions
One thing I love about the New Easy Granny Blanket is how complicated it looks, even though it’s quite easy to crochet. And you don’t have to stick to these colors, either. You could go for earth tones if you want something a little quieter, or go modern with neutrals and black.
And if you’re new to granny squares, we also have a complete tutorial on the “epitome of the awesomeness of crochet.” Learn how to start a granny square, select the right hook, decide on colors, and the all-important step—blocking. Discover the Secret to Great Granny Squares has all the crochet insider tips and tricks to help you get started and get creative.
Here’s something interesting about both the New Easy Granny Blanket and the granny squares tutorial: Neither of them are from recent issues of I Like Crochet. That’s right. We had to go back to 2018 for both of them. There’s also the Paul Gauguin-inspired Tahiti Blanket from 2017, or the vibrant and colorful Scrappy Shells Blanket from 2015. In fact, there are more than 60 blanket patterns in our back issue library, which you have instant access to with an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership.
And that’s just blankets. Our back issue library includes dozens upon dozens of scarves, amigurumi, home decor, and more. In all, the I Like Crochet Gold Club gives you more than 700 crochet patterns and articles; step-by-step instructions for patterns; video tutorials and full-color photographs for details about projects and stitches. All for just 23¢ a week with your Charter Membership!
Want to make a case for your sunglasses? How about a quick project you can complete with just one skein of yarn? Or maybe you’re feeling like royalty and want to crochet a cardigan fit for a princess? Your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership gives you access to all of our crochet patterns and content, 24-hours-a-day on whatever device you prefer—desktop, laptop, or tablet! And the content is fully searchable, so you can find exactly what you want—when you want it—at your fingertips in an instant.
Here are just a few of the tantalizing patterns sitting in our library right now—some of the hundreds available—to which you’ll get instant access when you join the I Like Crochet Gold Club as a Charter Member:
- Denver Sunset Shawl (October 2017)
- Electric Raspberry Top (August 2015)
- Midnight Cardigan (December 2016)
- Stained Glass Granny Afghan (April 2014)
- Floral Lace Cowl (February 2016)
- Cortland Hooded Poncho (October 2018)
- Daisies in Denim Potholders (February 2019)
- Sunrise Kids’ Rug (June 2017)
- Tunisian Lace Curtains (August 2014)
- Vine and Twigs Scarf (October 2015)
- Fiona Chenille Headband (February 2020)
And the library of photos and video tutorials is gorgeous, inspiring, and practical—showing you exactly how your finished patterns should look and exactly how to execute even the difficult ones!
Get an entire library of everything about crochet—with your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership. Plus, FREE instant access to our on-demand streaming crochet video — when you join today!
But this is just a fraction of what you’ll get with an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership—your membership includes subscriptions to the I Like Crochet Magazine Club and to the I Like Crochet Collections Club; full and immediate access to the digital library of 5+ years of magazine issues with 700+ crochet patterns and articles; step-by-step instructions for patterns; and video tutorials and full-color photographs for details about projects and stitches. All included with your Charter Membership!
Your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership gives you access to our crochet patterns and content, 24-hours-a-day on whatever device you prefer—desktop, laptop, or tablet! And the content is fully searchable, so you can find exactly what you want—when you want it—at your fingertips in an instant.
Here are just a few of the tantalizing patterns sitting in our library right now — you’ll get instant access when you join the I Like Crochet Gold Club as a Charter Member:
- Cuddly Crochet Baby Blankets
- Super-Cute Amigurumi
- Blue Sage Hooded Shawl
- Easygoing Crochet Tank
- Circular Chenille Afghan
- Marigold Blanket
- Baby Owl Bib
- Moonlit Shells Shawl
- Monster Baby Booties
- Adult Pocket Scarf
- Cropped Victoria Top
- Vine and Twigs Scarf
- Verde Velvet Pillow
- Kaja C2C Rug
- Flying Geese Jacket
- Two Sisters Lake Sweater
And the library of photos and video tutorials is gorgeous, inspiring, and practical—showing you exactly how your finished patterns should look and exactly how to execute, even the difficult ones!
When you join our #1 community for crochet-lovers, you’ll receive all of the handy benefits that crocheters everywhere have been buzzing about:
- You’ll learn new stitch techniques with a variety of patterns that range from beginner to advanced.
- You’ll find expert tips and tricks that will help you achieve professional results.
- You’ll start getting requests for your stunning crocheted items from your family and friends.
- You’ll have access to renowned designer patterns and tutorials from all over the world.
- You’ll never worry about mistakes in patterns or ripping out your progress because our tech-edited patterns are curated from trusted designers in the crochet community.
- You’ll be connected to an online community of crocheters who are just as passionate as you!
Don’t miss out on this exclusive charter membership offer to get all of the above and more!
When you activate your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership today, you’ll get access to everything we have about crocheting—all access and all the time:
- A full year of upcoming issues of I Like Crochet magazine—BOTH the web edition and the tablet edition, including nearly 100 exclusive designer crochet patterns and articles with step-by-step instructions, video tutorials and full-color photography for details of projects and stitches
- Instant access to EVERY issue we’ve ever published—a vast library of more than 5 years of issues with 700+ patterns and articles
- A full-year’s subscription to the I Like Crochet Collections Club that includes gorgeous designer patterns
- Regular e-newsletters, full of the latest crochet tips & tricks
- Free patterns, expert tips, and Crochet Along community events
- FREE Bonus! FREE access to our on-demand streaming crochet video Crochet Secrets Revealed: 12 Tutorials by Michael Sellick—featuring patterns and tips from an expert designer. FREE, instant, full, and unlimited access for you right now!
And here is what you don’t get when you become a Charter Member of the I Like Crochet Gold Club—advertisements! That’s right, we’re advertising-free, so that we can devote more time, space, and effort to helping you be an awesome crocheter!
All of this is available to you—right now—when you claim your Charter Membership to I Like Crochet Gold Club. This special introductory offer includes FREE unlimited access to our on-demand streaming crochet video Crochet Secrets Revealed: 12 Tutorials by Michael Sellick…our gift to you for signing up now!
No other online magazine has this much information about crochet all in one place for your easy access!
Crocheters everywhere have been enjoying I Like Crochet magazine for years, and now it’s better than ever with more benefits, patterns, and content than you could ever dream of—with an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership.
Charter Membership Offer is
Now in Effect for You!
When you respond today, you’ll not only get your Charter Membership benefits, but you’ll also receive FREE unlimited access to our premium on-demand streaming crochet video Crochet Secrets Revealed: 12 Tutorials by Michael Sellick. FREE, instant, full, and unlimited, access for you right now! Claim this special Charter Membership offer today—while it lasts!
When we first put this new club together for crocheters like you, your needs and desires were top-of mind. We’re the ultimate resource and network for crocheters everywhere, offering original designer patterns and content from authoritative and respected voices in the crochet world.
I think you’ll agree that this really is an unusual offer, plus FREE access to our premium on-demand streaming crochet video when you become an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Member today! It’s an incredible deal that you don’t want to ignore!
Why not be among the select group of crocheters to join us today and benefit from all the valuable information about crocheting that you can’t get anywhere else?
Become an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Member today—while this special offer lasts!
Editor, I Like Crochet Magazine