From: The June 2018 issue of I Like Crochet
Skill level: Intermediate
Looking for a small crochet project that packs a lot of punch? You’ve found it in the Fruitful Purse Flair pattern. This set of fruit-inspired amigurumi keychains will add flair to any purse, backpack, or tote—instantly!
If you thought amigurumi only came in animal forms, then think again. Food, figures, inanimate objects like teacups—anything can be turned into small, cute amigurumi, the Japanese term for crocheted or knitted doll. So, the cherry and banana Fruitful Purse Flair pieces fit perfectly into the amigurumi pattern category.
Give a sunny welcome to spring with these whimsical accessories that add personality to a plain tote, clutch, or coin purse. Of course, you can also use the fruity flair to corral your keys. One thing’s for sure—no one else in your circle will have anything like it!
The fruits are big enough to make a design impact, but small enough that they won’t get in the way. The banana is 5” tall. The cherries are 3.5” tall, the cherry leaf is 2” from tip to tip, and each cherry is approximately 1” around. The Cherry Sweet keychain is worked in rounds beginning with a magic ring. You make the cherry, stuff it, and proceed to the stem. Work the leaf, make two pieces using the foundation single crochet stitch, and join back to front, stuffing before finishing. The Very Appeeling banana keychain is also worked in rounds, beginning with a magic ring.
Knitting, crochet, and crafts designer Heidi Gustad created this pattern for I Like Crochet. Heidi frequently works with teens, and her patterns—like the Fruitful Purse Flair—often appeal to the younger set.
The Fruitful Purse Flair pattern includes all the information you need to make it:
- Complete stitch instructions for both designs
- List of necessary materials
- Special stitch instructions
- Pattern notes
- A video tutorial for the foundation single crochet stitch
- Finishing instructions
Kids, teens, moms, and grandmothers—everyone will want one or both of these adorable keychains. They will add a touch of flair to any outfit and brighten your mood instantly!
You’ll find this pattern in the I Like Crochet pattern library. And, did you know you can have access to it anywhere you go? Just become a Gold Club Member, and you’ll be able to view this charming purse flair pattern on your desktop, laptop or tablet – whichever device you prefer!
Of course, when you become a Gold Club member, you’ll also get instant access to stitch tips and tutorials, and—oh yes—hundreds of patterns for everything from amigurumi and afghans to scarves and shawls! And don’t forget the best part: you can take all of it with you wherever you want to crochet – on the sofa, at the park, on a plane or train … it’s up to you!
Get an entire library of everything about crochet—with your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership. HALF-PRICE when you join today, plus FREE instant access to our on-demand streaming crochet video!
But this is just a fraction of what you’ll get with an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership—your membership includes subscriptions to the I Like Crochet Magazine Club and to the I Like Crochet Collections Club; full and immediate access to the digital library of 5+ years of magazine issues with 700+ crochet patterns and articles; step-by-step instructions for patterns; and video tutorials and full-color photographs for details about projects and stitches. Plus, FREE access to our premium on-demand crochet streaming video Crochet Secrets Revealed: 12 Tutorials by Michael Sellick for you right now—instant, full, and unlimited access for free.
Your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership gives you access to our crochet patterns and content, 24-hours-a-day on whatever device you prefer—desktop, laptop, or tablet. And the content is fully searchable, so you can find exactly what you want—when you want it—at your fingertips in an instant.
Here are just a few of the tantalizing patterns sitting in our library right now—and all contained in a single issue—to which you’ll get instant access when you join the I Like Crochet Gold Club as a Charter Member:
- Magnolia Scalloped Cardigan
- Bright and Early Hexagon Pillow
- Buttercup Butterfly Booties
- Spring Playdate Dress
- Ocean Air Top
- Blythe Filet Shawl
- Daffodil the Duck Pull Toy
- Poppy Scalloped Top
- Butterfly Garden Skirt
- Sleep Bright Blanket
- Petunia the Pillow Buddy Bunny
- Duck, Duck, Goose! Baby Blanket
And the library of photos and video tutorials is gorgeous, inspiring, and practical—showing you exactly how your finished patterns should look and exactly how to execute, even the difficult ones!
When you join our #1 community for crochet-lovers, you’ll receive all of the handy benefits that crocheters everywhere have been buzzing about:
- You'll learn new stitch techniques with a variety of patterns that range from beginner to advanced.
- You'll find expert tips and tricks that will help you achieve professional results.
- You'll start getting requests for your stunning crocheted items from your family and friends.
- You'll have access to renowned designer patterns and tutorials from all over the world.
- You’ll never worry about mistakes in patterns or ripping out your progress because our tech-edited patterns are curated from trusted designers in the crochet community.
- You'll be connected to an online community of crocheters who are just as passionate as you!
Don't miss out on this exclusive charter membership offer to get all of the above and more!
When you activate your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership today, you’ll get access to everything we have about crocheting—all access and all the time:
- A full year of upcoming issues of I Like Crochet magazine—BOTH the web edition and the tablet edition, including 150+ exclusive designer crochet patterns and articles with step-by-step instructions, video tutorials and full-color photography for details of projects and stitches
- Instant access to EVERY issue we’ve ever published—a vast library of more than 5 years of issues with 700+ patterns and articles
- A full-year’s subscription to the I Like Crochet Collections Club that includes gorgeous designer patterns
- Regular e-newsletters, full of the latest crochet tips & tricks
- Free patterns, expert tips, and Crochet Along community events
- NEW! FREE Bonus! FREE access to our just-released on-demand streaming crochet video Crochet Secrets Revealed: 12 Tutorials by Michael Sellick —featuring patterns and tips from an expert designer. FREE, instant, full, and unlimited access for you right now!
And here is what you don’t get when you become a Charter Member of the I Like Crochet Gold Club—advertisements! That’s right, we’re advertising-free, so that we can devote more time, space, and effort to helping you be an awesome crocheter!
All of this is available to you—right now—when you claim your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership. Special HALF PRICE offer that includes FREE unlimited access to our latest on-demand streaming crochet video “Crochet Secrets Revealed: 12 Tutorials by Michael Sellick”…our gift for signing up now!
No other online magazine has this much information about crochet all in one place for your easy access!
Crocheters everywhere have been enjoying I Like Crochet magazine for years, and now it’s better than ever with more benefits, patterns, and content than you could ever dream of—with an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership.
HALF-PRICE Charter Membership Offer is Now in Effect for You!
Plus, FREE unlimited access to our premium on-demand streaming crochet video!
When you respond today, you’ll not only get your membership for HALF-OFF the regular price, but you’ll also receive FREE unlimited access to our premium on-demand streaming crochet video “Crochet Secrets Revealed: 12 Tutorials by Michael Sellick” FREE, instant, full, and unlimited, access for you right now!
When we first put this new club together for crocheters like you, your needs and desires were top-of mind. We’re the ultimate resource and network for crocheters everywhere, offering original designer patterns and content from authoritative and respected voices in the crochet world.
I think you’ll agree that this really is an unusual offer—HALF PRICE, plus FREE access to our premium on-demand streaming crochet video when you become an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Member today! It’s an incredible deal that you don’t want to ignore!
Why not be among the select group of crocheters to join us today and benefit from all the valuable information about crocheting that you can’t get anywhere else?
Become an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Member today—while this special offer lasts!
Editor, I Like Crochet Magazine