From: The October 2017 Issue of I Like Crochet
Skill level: Intermediate
A little spicy, a little sweet, and very warm! That’s the Herbal Tea Cardi, and it will have you looking and feeling great. Wear this sweater when you want to get a second look—or even a third. Its eye-catching combination of stripes, variegated yarn, and buttons will certainly attract attention. And when people find out you made it yourself, well, let’s just say you’ll receive plenty of admiration.
The Herbal Tea Cardi gets its distinctive look from the vertical lines that start from the yoke and skim over the hips. These lines contrast with the horizontal ribbing across the yoke and over the shoulders. The result is a flattering shape that looks great buttoned or unbuttoned.
You can wear the Herbal Tea Cardi alone or with a cami beneath for a tunic effect. The neckline creates space to showcase a favorite necklace. On colder days, layer a light turtleneck or shirt underneath and leave the sweater unbuttoned like a light jacket. It looks great paired with jeans or a skirt.
The Herbal Tea Cardi pattern is worked from the top down, so you can try it on as you go, ensuring a perfect fit. We give you instructions for eight sizes, from bust size 30¼” through 55”.
Crochet designer Kristen TenDyke brings her distinctive style to this pattern and the many others she has created for I Like Crochet. Be sure to check out her other popular patterns for sweaters, scarves, wraps, and more.
The Herbal Tea Cardi pattern includes:
- Complete stitch instructions for 8 sizes
- List of materials, notions, and hook size
- Pattern notes
- Special stitches and abbreviations
- Finishing instructions
This beautiful sweater will become a staple of your fall wardrobe. Work it in the saffron color shown in the pattern, or take inspiration from your tea and spice cabinets—from chamomile and hibiscus to paprika and nutmeg. Either way, the Herbal Tea Cardi will keep you warm and happy all season long.
Get an entire library of everything about crochet—with your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership. Only 23¢ a week when you join today!
But this is just a fraction of what you’ll get with an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership—your membership includes subscriptions to the I Like Crochet Magazine Club and to the I Like Crochet Collections Club; full and immediate access to the digital library of 5+ years of magazine issues with 700+ crochet patterns and articles; step-by-step instructions for patterns; and video tutorials and full-color photographs for details about projects and stitches. All for just 23¢ a week with your Charter Membership!
Your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership gives you access to our crochet patterns and content, 24-hours-a-day on whatever device you prefer—desktop, laptop, or tablet…even on your phone! And the content is fully searchable, so you can find exactly what you want—when you want it—at your fingertips in an instant.
Here are just a few of the tantalizing patterns sitting in our library right now—and all contained in a single issue—to which you’ll get instant access when you join the I Like Crochet Gold Club as a Charter Member:
- Magnolia Scalloped Cardigan
- Bright and Early Hexagon Pillow
- Buttercup Butterfly Booties
- Spring Playdate Dress
- Ocean Air Top
- Blythe Filet Shawl
- Daffodil the Duck Pull Toy
- Poppy Scalloped Top
- Butterfly Garden Skirt
- Sleep Bright Blanket
- Petunia the Pillow Buddy Bunny
- Duck, Duck, Goose! Baby Blanket
And the library of photos and video tutorials is gorgeous, inspiring, and practical—showing you exactly how your finished patterns should look and exactly how to execute, even the difficult ones!
When you join our #1 community for crochet-lovers, you’ll receive all of the handy benefits that crocheters everywhere have been buzzing about:
- You'll learn new stitch techniques with a variety of patterns that range from beginner to advanced.
- You'll find expert tips and tricks that will help you achieve professional results.
- You'll start getting requests for your stunning crocheted items from your family and friends.
- You'll have access to renowned designer patterns and tutorials from all over the world.
- You’ll never worry about mistakes in patterns or ripping out your progress because our tech-edited patterns are curated from trusted designers in the crochet community.
- You'll be connected to an online community of crocheters who are just as passionate as you!
Don't miss out on this exclusive charter membership offer to get all of the above and more!
When you activate your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership today, you’ll get access to everything we have about crocheting—all access and all the time:
- A full year of upcoming issues of I Like Crochet magazine—BOTH the web edition and the tablet edition, including 150+ exclusive designer crochet patterns and articles with step-by-step instructions, video tutorials and full-color photography for details of projects and stitches
- Instant access to EVERY issue we’ve ever published—a vast library of more than 5 years of issues with 700+ patterns and articles
- A full-year’s subscription to the I Like Crochet Collections Club that includes gorgeous designer patterns
- Regular e-newsletters, full of the latest crochet tips & tricks
- Free patterns, expert tips, and Crochet Along community events
And here is what you don’t get when you become a Charter Member of the I Like Crochet Gold Club—advertisements! That’s right, we’re advertising-free, so that we can devote more time, space, and effort to helping you be an awesome crocheter!
All of this is available to you—right now—when you claim your special 23¢ a week Charter Membership to I Like Crochet Gold Club. Act right now!
No other online magazine has this much information about crochet all in one place for your easy access!
Crocheters everywhere have been enjoying I Like Crochet magazine for years, and now it’s better than ever with more benefits, patterns, and content than you could ever dream of—with an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership.
Charter Membership Offer for Only 23¢ a week is
Now in Effect for You!
When you respond today, you’ll get your Charter Membership for only 23¢/week! Claim this special Charter Membership offer today—while it lasts!
When we first put this new club together for crocheters like you, your needs and desires were top-of mind. We’re the ultimate resource and network for crocheters everywhere, offering original designer patterns and content from authoritative and respected voices in the crochet world.
I think you’ll agree that this really is an unusual offer—only 23¢/week, when you become an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Member today! It’s an incredible deal that you don’t want to ignore!
Why not be among the select group of crocheters to join us today and benefit from all the valuable information about crocheting that you can’t get anywhere else?
Become an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Member today—while this special offer lasts!
Editor, I Like Crochet Magazine