Learning to crochet will open up a world of creativity, and I Like Crochet is here to help! We have a wonderful collection of beginner patterns that will help you develop skills as you become comfortable with the craft.
Create beautiful things as you discover the joy of crochet!
Why not practice your stitches on the Moonlit Shells Shawl? The simplicity of this shawl is deceiving because it looks like a complex work of art!
Moonlit Shells is designed by I Like Crochet favorite, Jennifer E. Ryan, and it’s just the thing to brighten up your little black dress. Jennifer combines two simple stitches, double crochet shell clusters and chains, to create an openwork wrap that appears much more complex than it is.
The combination of DK-weight yarn and a large hook (size K!) gives this shawl gorgeous drape and airiness; the key to this is the chain work between the shell clusters. The open nature of the stitch pattern lends itself to all sorts of wardrobe choices, from sun dresses to winter wear, casual to fancy.
Speaking of fancy, Jennifer gilded the lily on this one, adding teardrop beads to the picot points all around the edging of the shawl. This beautiful detail makes Moonlit Shells perfectly appropriate for a bridal shawl. Work it up in white with iridescent beads and present it with pride to the bride. What an amazing gift.
Consider the Moonlit Shells Shawl if you’re a beginning crocheter; you’ll use stitches you already know, put them together creatively, and end up with a fabulous finished piece. It’s a great first-shawl project!
Build your skills with more of our beginner crochet patterns! Here are some great ideas to keep you stitching and learning:
An easy repeat pattern makes the Honey Spice Scarf a breeze to crochet! Blocks of color make up this shawl, so it’s easily customizable—go bright or subtle, regal or neutral. Scarves are the ultimate skill-building projects because you generally practice the same stitches over and over as you complete the piece. Here you’ll use double and single crochet stitches to create an easy lace pattern. With its color and texture, this scarf is simply the perfect accessory.
Beginners rejoice—this “babyghan” pattern is perfect for all skill levels. Using just two simple stitches and alternating colors, the Modern Stripes Babyghan works up quickly and makes a perfect gift for any newborn. Switch up the colors to create a different gender-neutral design, or go towards blue and pink to get gender-specific. You’ll work stitches into the back loop, create a border, and use the half double crochet stitch. Stretch your skills with this beauty.
Beginner crochet patterns don’t need to be unsophisticated—there are so many projects that are easy to make but look advanced and intricate. Try one of these popular, simple patterns:
- Did you know you can crochet jewelry? This easy, yet eye-catching piece, the Orchid and Chocolate Links Necklace, is created with simple single crochet and some basic jewelry supplies. Yes, you can make this beautiful necklace!
- Brighten up your holiday home with the Sweet Candy Cane Wreath! Not only is this a cute, bright Christmas décor item, it’s a wonderful introduction to colorwork and working stripes. What a fun way to learn a new skill!
- The Double-Ended Crochet Potholders pattern is a great introduction to double-ended crochet. The beauty of the double-ended technique lies in its thickness—each potholder is dense enough to double as a hotpad.
To ensure you have a successful crocheting experience, all of I Like Crochet’s patterns include the following:
- Complete stitch instructions
- List of necessary materials
- Special stitch instructions
- Pattern notes when necessary
- Finishing instructions
- Detailed photography
We want you to love crochet, and our beginner patterns and tutorials can help you become a better crocheter with each project you complete. So pick up your hook and yarn and spend some time crocheting with us!
Get an entire library of everything about crochet—with your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership. FREE for 7 days when you join today!
But this is just a fraction of what you’ll get with an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership—your membership includes subscriptions to the I Like Crochet Magazine Club and to the I Like Crochet Collections Club; full and immediate access to the digital library of 4+ years of magazine issues with 600+ crochet patterns and articles; step-by-step instructions for patterns; and video tutorials and full-color photographs for details about projects and stitches. All for FREE for 7 days with your Charter Membership!
Your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership gives you access to our crochet patterns and content, 24-hours-a-day on whatever device you prefer—desktop, laptop, or tablet…even on your phone! And the content is fully searchable, so you can find exactly what you want—when you want it—at your fingertips in an instant.
Here are just a few of the tantalizing patterns sitting in our library right now—and all contained in a single issue—to which you’ll get instant access when you join the I Like Crochet Gold Club as a Charter Member:
- Two of Hearts Scarf
- Azalea Poncho
- Belladonna Afghan
- Foliage in the Woods Wrap
- Daisies in Denim Potholders
- Sashiko Pillow
- Sierra Swoncho
- Deep Waters Tee
- Freya Fringed Tote
- Harper Mixed Stitch Cardigan
- Amelia Clutch
- Modern Lace Baby Blanket
- Espresso Your Love Doily
And the library of photos and video tutorials is gorgeous, inspiring, and practical—showing you exactly how your finished patterns should look and exactly how to execute, even the difficult ones!
When you join our #1 community for crochet-lovers, you’ll receive all of the handy benefits that crocheters everywhere have been buzzing about:
- You'll learn new stitch techniques with a variety of patterns that range from beginner to advanced.
- You'll find expert tips and tricks that will help you achieve professional results.
- You'll start getting requests for your stunning crocheted items from your family and friends.
- You'll have access to renowned designer patterns and tutorials from all over the world.
- You’ll never worry about mistakes in patterns or ripping out your progress because our tech-edited patterns are curated from trusted designers in the crochet community.
- You'll be connected to an online community of crocheters who are just as passionate as you!
Don't miss out on this exclusive charter membership offer to get all of the above and more!
When you activate your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership today, you’ll get access to everything we have about crocheting—all access and all the time:
- A full year of upcoming issues of I Like Crochet magazine—BOTH the web edition and the tablet edition, including 150+ exclusive designer crochet patterns and articles with step-by-step instructions, video tutorials and full-color photography for details of projects and stitches
- Instant access to EVERY issue we’ve ever published—a vast library of more than 4 years of issues with 600+ patterns and articles
- A full-year’s subscription to the I Like Crochet Collections Club that includes gorgeous designer patterns
- Regular e-newsletters, full of the latest crochet tips & tricks
- Free patterns, expert tips, and Crochet Along community events
And here is what you don’t get when you become a Charter Member of the I Like Crochet Gold Club—advertisements! That’s right, we’re advertising-free, so that we can devote more time, space, and effort to helping you be an awesome crocheter!
All of this is available to you—right now—when you claim your special 7-day FREE trial Charter Membership to I Like Crochet Gold Club. Act right now!
No other online magazine has this much information about crochet all in one place for your easy access!
Crocheters everywhere have been enjoying I Like Crochet magazine for years, and now it’s better than ever with more benefits, patterns, and content than you could ever dream of—with an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership.
7-Day FREE Charter Membership Offer is
Now in Effect for You!
When you respond today, you’ll not only get your trial membership for FREE for 7 days, but you’re also eligible to continue your Charter Membership after your trial period for HALF PRICE—just 45 cents a week!
When we first put this new club together for crocheters like you, your needs and desires were top-of mind. We’re the ultimate resource and network for crocheters everywhere, offering original designer patterns and content from authoritative and respected voices in the crochet world.
I think you’ll agree that this really is an unusual offer—7 days for FREE, then HALF PRICE after that when you become an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Member today! It’s an incredible deal that you don’t want to ignore!
Why not be among the select group of crocheters to join us today and benefit from all the valuable information about crocheting that you can’t get anywhere else?
Become an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Member today—while this special offer lasts!