From: The August 2014 Issue of I Like Crochet
Skill level: Beginner
Nothing welcomes a new baby better than a cuddly, snuggly crochet baby blanket. So when there’s a baby on the way, reach for the Baby Corner to Corner Crochet Blanket pattern. Not only is this pattern easy to make, but also the corner-to-corner crochet design allows you to adjust the blanket’s size.
The corner-to-corner stitch pattern is so easy, fun, and versatile! First, you make one block of four double crochet stitches to begin the corner. Then, you start the next “row” by making a block on two adjacent sides of the block, forming a triangle. Keep increasing until you reach half the desired afghan size, and then begin decreasing. Voilà! Your project is just the right size. And the overall texture resembles a checkerboard or basket weave—it’s like magic!
The pattern shows the Baby Corner to Corner Crochet Blanket in a classic white and pastel color scheme, but you can easily switch out the pastels for colors that match the baby’s nursery. Or, if the parents are sports fans, select yarns colors that will introduce the baby to the parents’ favorite team colors! Whatever colors you choose, the scalloped edge will tie it all together.
Designer Roseanna Beck created the Baby Corner to Corner Crochet Blanket. Like all our ILC designers, she’s a pro. Not only have her patterns been published in many magazines and books, but also she’s well known for charity crafting. Here’s an idea: if there isn’t a new baby in your immediate future, then make one (or several) of these Baby Corner to Corner Crochet Blankets for a good cause.
The Baby Corner to Corner Crochet Blanket pattern includes:
- Complete stitch instructions
- List of materials, notions, and hook size
- Edging and finishing instructions
When you’ve finished the Baby Corner to Corner Crochet Blanket, you’ll have created an heirloom for a precious newborn. And you can be sure the new mom will appreciate this handmade gift because she’ll know you put your time and effort into making something special just for her little one.
This pattern is included in the August 2014 issue of I Like Crochet. And wouldn’t you just love to access it anywhere you go? You can! If you become a Gold Club Member, then you’ll be able to view this sweet baby blanket on your laptop or tablet – whichever device you prefer!
But portability is only the beginning. When you become a Gold Club member, you’ll also get stitch tips and tutorials, designer profiles, and oh, yes … hundreds of patterns for everything from snuggly baby blankets to chic scarves! And remember, you can take all of it with you wherever you want to crochet – on the sofa, at the park, on a plane or train … anywhere you play with hooks and yarn.
Get an entire library of everything about crochet—with your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership. HALF-PRICE when you join today, plus FREE instant access to our on-demand streaming crochet video!
But this is just a fraction of what you’ll get with an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership—your membership includes subscriptions to the I Like Crochet Magazine Club and to the I Like Crochet Collections Club; full and immediate access to the digital library of 5+ years of magazine issues with 700+ crochet patterns and articles; step-by-step instructions for patterns; and video tutorials and full-color photographs for details about projects and stitches. Plus, FREE access to our premium on-demand crochet streaming video Crochet Secrets Revealed: 12 Tutorials by Michael Sellick for you right now—instant, full, and unlimited access for free.
Your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership gives you access to our crochet patterns and content, 24-hours-a-day on whatever device you prefer—desktop, laptop, or tablet. And the content is fully searchable, so you can find exactly what you want—when you want it—at your fingertips in an instant.
Here are just a few of the tantalizing patterns sitting in our library right now—and all contained in a single issue—to which you’ll get instant access when you join the I Like Crochet Gold Club as a Charter Member:
- Magnolia Scalloped Cardigan
- Bright and Early Hexagon Pillow
- Buttercup Butterfly Booties
- Spring Playdate Dress
- Ocean Air Top
- Blythe Filet Shawl
- Daffodil the Duck Pull Toy
- Poppy Scalloped Top
- Butterfly Garden Skirt
- Sleep Bright Blanket
- Petunia the Pillow Buddy Bunny
- Duck, Duck, Goose! Baby Blanket
And the library of photos and video tutorials is gorgeous, inspiring, and practical—showing you exactly how your finished patterns should look and exactly how to execute, even the difficult ones!
When you join our #1 community for crochet-lovers, you’ll receive all of the handy benefits that crocheters everywhere have been buzzing about:
- You'll learn new stitch techniques with a variety of patterns that range from beginner to advanced.
- You'll find expert tips and tricks that will help you achieve professional results.
- You'll start getting requests for your stunning crocheted items from your family and friends.
- You'll have access to renowned designer patterns and tutorials from all over the world.
- You’ll never worry about mistakes in patterns or ripping out your progress because our tech-edited patterns are curated from trusted designers in the crochet community.
- You'll be connected to an online community of crocheters who are just as passionate as you!
Don't miss out on this exclusive charter membership offer to get all of the above and more!
When you activate your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership today, you’ll get access to everything we have about crocheting—all access and all the time:
- A full year of upcoming issues of I Like Crochet magazine—BOTH the web edition and the tablet edition, including 150+ exclusive designer crochet patterns and articles with step-by-step instructions, video tutorials and full-color photography for details of projects and stitches
- Instant access to EVERY issue we’ve ever published—a vast library of more than 5 years of issues with 700+ patterns and articles
- A full-year’s subscription to the I Like Crochet Collections Club that includes gorgeous designer patterns
- Regular e-newsletters, full of the latest crochet tips & tricks
- Free patterns, expert tips, and Crochet Along community events
- NEW! FREE Bonus! FREE access to our just-released on-demand streaming crochet video Crochet Secrets Revealed: 12 Tutorials by Michael Sellick —featuring patterns and tips from an expert designer. FREE, instant, full, and unlimited access for you right now!
And here is what you don’t get when you become a Charter Member of the I Like Crochet Gold Club—advertisements! That’s right, we’re advertising-free, so that we can devote more time, space, and effort to helping you be an awesome crocheter!
All of this is available to you—right now—when you claim your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership. Special HALF PRICE offer that includes FREE unlimited access to our latest on-demand streaming crochet video “Crochet Secrets Revealed: 12 Tutorials by Michael Sellick”…our gift for signing up now!
No other online magazine has this much information about crochet all in one place for your easy access!
Crocheters everywhere have been enjoying I Like Crochet magazine for years, and now it’s better than ever with more benefits, patterns, and content than you could ever dream of—with an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership.
HALF-PRICE Charter Membership Offer is Now in Effect for You!
Plus, FREE unlimited access to our premium on-demand streaming crochet video!
When you respond today, you’ll not only get your membership for HALF-OFF the regular price, but you’ll also receive FREE unlimited access to our premium on-demand streaming crochet video “Crochet Secrets Revealed: 12 Tutorials by Michael Sellick” FREE, instant, full, and unlimited, access for you right now!
When we first put this new club together for crocheters like you, your needs and desires were top-of mind. We’re the ultimate resource and network for crocheters everywhere, offering original designer patterns and content from authoritative and respected voices in the crochet world.
I think you’ll agree that this really is an unusual offer—HALF PRICE, plus FREE access to our premium on-demand streaming crochet video when you become an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Member today! It’s an incredible deal that you don’t want to ignore!
Why not be among the select group of crocheters to join us today and benefit from all the valuable information about crocheting that you can’t get anywhere else?
Become an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Member today—while this special offer lasts!
Editor, I Like Crochet Magazine