Set your imagination free with the Dare to Dream afghan pattern
Blue skies! That’s what people say when anything is possible and there are no barriers. Can you imagine crocheting with no barriers, creating a design as you go? That’s what freeform crochet is all about, and this Dare to Dream Afghan project helps you make the transition from full pattern to freeform.
There are no rules in freeform crochet. You decide what shape and design you want to make, and you’re free to take your project wherever your creativity takes you. You can use leftover yarn, any combination stitches, multiple techniques and fibers—let your imagination and your hook go wild.
Freeform crochet is, well, freeing. But, all that freedom can be a wee bit intimidating. That’s what is so great about the Dare to Dream Afghan pattern. Designer Quinny Zhang gives you the basic shape, stitches, and diagrams for the sections, allowing you to get the feel of freeform crochet—but still have some guidance. Working up this pattern will give you the confidence to go freeform on your own.
This dreamy design is worked in freely formed circles in two parts, the body and the edge. The circles and yarn color choice combine to emulate the sky and clouds, with rainbows peeking out here and there. More than 70 circles and the mohair yarn give this crochet blanket its texture. As you crochet the circles, you’ll get the feel of freeform and may even start to freestyle as you go. That’s great!
Of course, the resulting Dare to Dream Afghan is simply gorgeous. Who wouldn’t want to curl up under it and let their imagination fly? Or, fall asleep as you contemplate rainbows, puffy clouds, and maybe unicorns, too? One thing’s for sure—this magical afghan conjures up only pleasant thoughts.
I Like Crochet gives you everything you need to make the Dare to Dream Afghan a reality:
- Complete stitch instructions
- List of necessary materials
- Pattern notes and abbreviations
- Five color photos
- Four downloadable diagrams
- Finishing instructions
Just imagine how much fun you’ll have crocheting this beautiful blanket. If you’re up for a new challenge, the Dare to Dream Afghan is the best way to learn freeform crochet. Let this project take you over the rainbow, to where blue skies reign and crochet dreams come true!
Get an entire library of everything about crochet—with your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership!
But this crochet pattern is just a fraction of what you’ll get with an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership—your membership includes subscriptions to I Like Crochet magazine and to the I Like Crochet Collections Club; full and immediate access to the digital library of 4+ years of magazine issues with 600+ crochet patterns and articles; step-by-step instructions for patterns; and video tutorials and full-color photographs for details about projects and stitches.
Your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership gives you unlimited access to all of our crochet patterns and content, 24-hours-a-day on whatever device you prefer—desktop, laptop, or tablet. And the content is fully searchable, so you can find exactly what you want—when you want it—at your fingertips in an instant.
Here are just a few of the tantalizing patterns sitting in our library right now—and all contained in a single issue—to which you’ll get instant access when you join the I Like Crochet Gold Club as a Charter Member:
- Two of Hearts Scarf
- Azalea Poncho
- Belladonna Afghan
- Foliage in the Woods Wrap
- Daisies in Denim Potholders
- Sashiko Pillow
- Sierra Swoncho
- Freya Fringed Tote
- Harper Mixed Stitch Cardigan
- Amelia Clutch
- Modern Lace Baby Blanket
- Espresso Your Love Doily
And the library of photos and video tutorials is gorgeous, inspiring, and practical—showing you exactly how your finished patterns should look and exactly how to execute stitches and patterns, even the difficult ones!
Your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership includes benefits you can’t get anywhere else.
When you join our #1 community for crochet-lovers, today, you’ll receive all of the handy benefits that crocheters everywhere have been buzzing about:
- You’ll learn new stitch techniques with a variety of patterns that range from beginner to advanced.
- You’ll find expert tips and tricks that will help you achieve professional results.
- You’ll start getting requests from your family and friends for your stunning crocheted items.
- You’ll have access to renowned designer patterns and tutorials from all over the world.
- You’ll never worry about mistakes in patterns or ripping out your progress because our tech-edited patterns are curated from trusted designers in the crochet community.
- You’ll be connected to an online community of crocheters who are just as passionate as you!
Don’t miss out on this exclusive charter membership offer to get all of the above and more!
What you’ll get with an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership.
When you activate your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership today, you’ll get access to everything we have about crocheting—all access and all the time:
- A full year of upcoming issues of I Like Crochet magazine—BOTH the web edition and the tablet edition, including nearly 100 exclusive designer crochet patterns and articles with step-by-step instructions, video tutorials and full-color photography for details of projects and stitches
- Instant access to EVERY issue we’ve ever published—a vast library of more than 5 years of issues with 700+ patterns and articles
- A full-year’s subscription to the I Like Crochet Collections Club that includes 50+ gorgeous designer patterns
- Regular e-newsletters full of the latest crochet tips & tricks
- Free patterns, expert tips, and Crochet Along community events
- Free Bonus! FREE access to our two on-demand streaming crochet videos, Back to Basics: 11 Essential Techniques and Stitches for Every Crocheter and Crochet Secrets Revealed: 12 Tutorials by Michael Sellick—featuring basic stitches and techniques for crocheters of every skill level, a tutorial for new crocheters and a refresher for seasoned crocheters. FREE, instant, full, and unlimited access for you right now!
And here is what you don’t get when you become a Charter Member of the I Like Crochet Gold Club—advertisements! That’s right, we’re advertising-free, so that we can devote more time, space, and effort to helping you be an awesome crocheter!
All of this is available to you —right now—when you claim your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership. This special 23¢-a-week includes FREE unlimited access to our two on-demand streaming crochet videos Back to Basics: 11 Essential Techniques and Stitches for Every Crocheter and Crochet Secrets Revealed: 12 Tutorials by Michael Sellick… our gift to you for signing up now!
Why not join right now? Thousands of others already have.
Crocheters everywhere have been enjoying I Like Crochet magazine for years, and now it’s better than ever with more benefits, patterns, and content than you could ever dream of—with an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership. When we first put this new club together for crocheters like you, your needs and desires were top-of mind. We’re the ultimate resource and network for crocheters everywhere, offering original designer patterns and content from authoritative and respected voices in the crochet world.
I think you’ll agree that this really is an unusual offer—Half-Off to become an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Member today! It’s an incredible deal that you don’t want to ignore!
Why not be among the select group of crocheters to join us today and benefit from all the valuable information about crocheting that you can’t get anywhere else?
Become an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Member today—while this special offer lasts!
Question why have you omitted landscape mode from your app??? No one uses portrait mode as most stands and keyboards orient the iPad in landscape mode so to me portrait mode apps are useless. Take the extra time to fix this please!!
Hi Fiona! This is a good question, but I believe we are limited by the restrictions of the app builder we use for the tablet version. I’ll pass along your request to our developer and see if there’s anything we can do. Thanks! – Nicola, Editor
Cost per year ?