Skill Level: Easy
Size: Finished coaster measures 6 inches across at the widest point.
• Red Heart Creme de la Creme – 71 yards (40 gm) is needed to complete a set of 4 coasters
• 5.0 mm (H-8) crochet hook
• Yarn needle for weaving in ends
ch = chain
sl = slip
st(s) = stitch(es)
sc = single crochet
hdc = half double crochet
dc = double crochet
Picot stitch: Ch 3, sl st in first chain made.
• Instructions between [ ] are all worked into the same stitch or chain space.
• Instructions between * are repeated as directed.
The beginning chain does not count as a stitch. If preferred, use the Magic Ring and ch 2 to begin.
Round 1: Ch 3, in third chain from hook make 12 dc, sl st to join in first dc (12)
Round 2: Ch 2, make 2 dc in each st around, join in first dc (24)
If using two colors, fasten off and join new color in first stitch.
Round 3: Ch 2, in first st *make 3 dc, skip 1 st, in next st work [dc, ch 2, dc], skip 1 st*, repeat between * back to start, join in first dc (30 dc, 6 ch-2 spaces)
Round 4: Ch 1, *sc 1, in next st work [sc, 1 picot, sc], sc in next st, skip next dc, working into ch-2 space make [sc, hdc, dc, make 3 picots in a row, sl st in top of the dc stitch to anchor picots, hdc, sc], skip next dc*, repeat between * back to start, join in first sc (54 sts, not including picots)
Fasten off and weave in ends.