From: The April 2018 issue of I Like Crochet
Skill level: Advanced
Blue skies! That’s what people say when anything is possible and there are no barriers. Can you imagine crocheting with no barriers, creating a design as you go? That’s what freeform crochet is all about, and this Dare to Dream Afghan project helps you make the transition from full pattern to freeform.
There are no rules in freeform crochet. You decide what shape and design you want to make, and you’re free to take your project wherever your creativity takes you. You can use leftover yarn, any combination stitches, multiple techniques and fibers—let your imagination and your hook go wild.
Freeform crochet is, well, freeing. But, all that freedom can be a wee bit intimidating. That’s what is so great about the Dare to Dream Afghan pattern. Designer Quinny Zhang gives you the basic shape, stitches, and diagrams for the sections, allowing you to get the feel of freeform crochet—but still have some guidance. Working up this pattern will give you the confidence to go freeform on your own.
This dreamy design is worked in freely formed circles in two parts, the body and the edge. The circles and yarn color choice combine to emulate the sky and clouds, with rainbows peeking out here and there. More than 70 circles and the mohair yarn give this crochet blanket its texture. As you crochet the circles, you’ll get the feel of freeform and may even start to freestyle as you go. That’s great!
Of course, the resulting Dare to Dream Afghan is simply gorgeous. Who wouldn’t want to curl up under it and let their imagination fly? Or, fall asleep as you contemplate rainbows, puffy clouds, and maybe unicorns, too? One thing’s for sure—this magical afghan conjures up only pleasant thoughts.
I Like Crochet gives you everything you need to make the Dare to Dream Afghan a reality:
- Complete stitch instructions
- List of necessary materials
- Pattern notes and abbreviations
- Five color photos
- Four downloadable diagrams
- Finishing instructions
Just imagine how much fun you’ll have crocheting this beautiful blanket. If you’re up for a new challenge, the Dare to Dream Afghan is the best way to learn freeform crochet. Let this project take you over the rainbow, to where blue skies reign and crochet dreams come true!
But this crochet pattern is just a fraction of what you’ll get with an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership—your membership includes subscriptions to I Like Crochet magazine and to the I Like Crochet Collections Club; full and immediate access to the digital library of 4+ years of magazine issues with 600+ crochet patterns and articles; step-by-step instructions for patterns; and video tutorials and full-color photographs for details about projects and stitches.
Your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership gives you unlimited access to all of our crochet patterns and content, 24-hours-a-day on whatever device you prefer—desktop, laptop, or tablet. And the content is fully searchable, so you can find exactly what you want—when you want it—at your fingertips in an instant.
Here are just a few of the tantalizing patterns sitting in our library right now—and all contained in a single issue—to which you’ll get instant access when you join the I Like Crochet Gold Club as a Charter Member:
● Pineapple Tunisian Pillow
● Garden Glow Sweater
● Bear-y in Love Panda Amigurumi
● New Easy Granny Blanket
● Hydrangea Scarf
● Morning Walk Earwarmer
● Blue Sage Hooded Shawl
● Frosted Bluebell Cloche Hat & Overall Dress Set
● Love Me Knot Wristlet
● Roses are Red Vest
● Spearmint Hand & Face Towels
● Mineral Springs Cosmetic Bag
● Eucalyptus Eye Mask
● PLUS, instructions on mastering the 6-stitch right cable and adapting patterns for plus sizes. And I didn’t even list all of the patterns in this particular issue!
● And more—over 600 crochet patterns and articles in all!
And the library of photos and video tutorials is gorgeous, inspiring, and practical—showing you exactly how your finished patterns should look and exactly how to execute stitches and patterns, even the difficult ones!
When you join today, you’ll be connected to anything and everything about crochet—and you’ll enjoy all these benefits:
● You’ll learn all about every type of pattern and stitch in the crochet world, because we cover it all—from easy to intermediate and difficult, you’ll master every pattern.
● You’ll be the best crocheter you can be with regular, ongoing tips and tricks about materials and techniques that will help your work shine!
● You’ll build your reputation as a terrific crocheter in your circle of friends and family when you honor them with the gift of your craftwork.
● You’ll learn from known expert crochet designers, because I Like Crochet has access to the best of the best—access you’d be hard pressed to get on your own.
● And you’ll be instantly connected to the entire crochet community for idea-sharing, learning, and the bonding that comes when passionate crocheters meet (even if it’s only “meeting” online!).
How can you not consider becoming an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Member?
When you activate your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership today, you’ll get access to everything we have about crocheting—all access and all the time:
• A full year of upcoming issues of I Like Crochet magazine—BOTH the web edition and the tablet edition, including 150+ exclusive designer crochet patterns and articles with step-by-step instructions, video tutorials and full-color photography for details of projects and stitches
• Instant access to our vast library of more than 4 years of issues with 600+ patterns and articles
• A full-year’s subscription to the I Like Crochet Collections Club that includes 70+ designer patterns
• E-newsletters, full of the latest crochet tips & tricks
• Free patterns, Crochet Along community events, and much more!
And here is what you don’t get when you become a Charter Member of the I Like Crochet Gold Club—advertisements! That’s right, we’re advertising-free, so that we can devote more time, space, and effort to helping you be an awesome crocheter!
All of this is available to you —right now—when you claim your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership.
Crocheters everywhere have been enjoying I Like Crochet magazine for years, and now it’s better than ever with more benefits, patterns, and content than you could ever dream of—with an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership. When we first put this new club together for crocheters like you, your needs and desires were top-of mind. We’re the ultimate resource and network for crocheters everywhere, offering original designer patterns and content from authoritative and respected voices in the crochet world.
I think you’ll agree that this really is an unusual offer—Half-Off to become an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Member today! It’s an incredible deal that you don’t want to ignore!
Why not be among the select group of crocheters to join us today and benefit from all the valuable information about crocheting that you can’t get anywhere else?
Become an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Member today—while this special offer lasts!