From: The October 2017 Issue of I Like Crochet
Skill level: Intermediate
Do you enjoy it when people praise your crochet projects? We hope so, because when you wear the Sugar & Fig Cowl, you’ll be surrounded by admirers. If the innovative stitch pattern doesn’t attract attention, the gorgeous variegated yarn will.
You’ll want to wear this elegant cowl every day throughout the fall. Start in September when temperatures start to dip, pairing it with a light sweater or turtleneck in a solid color to show off the cowl’s beauty. In October, the Sugar & Fig Cowl looks great with a denim jacket or down vest. Double up this cowl in November and wear it with a wool coat or anorak. You’ll keep looking great and staying warm right through Thanksgiving.
The Sugar & Fig Cowl pattern owes its fascinating design to the combination of three stitches: 6 Double Crochet Fan Stitch, 4 Double Crochet Shell V-Stitch, and Tilted Shell Stitch. Designer Andee Graves, who has a strong interest in both mathematics and crafts, put a lot of thought into creating this pattern’s magical design.
And don’t you just love the pattern’s name? The Sugar & Fig Cowl—reflecting the combination of colors—sounds as yummy as it looks!
The pattern starts with a foundation on which the body of the cowl is built. The foundation is worked in short stacked rows that create a scalloped and elastic circle. The body is worked in joined rounds off one side of the stacked row foundation.
The Sugar & Fig Cowl pattern includes:
- Complete stitch instructions
- List of materials, notions, and hook size
- Pattern notes
- Special stitches and abbreviations
You’ll enjoy making this cowl pattern as much as wearing it—and all the compliments you’ll get, too. Everyone will want one, and the Sugar & Fig Cowl makes a wonderful gift. It fits everyone and looks stunning!
Get an entire library of everything about crochet—with your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership!
But this crochet pattern is just a fraction of what you’ll get with an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership—your membership includes subscriptions to I Like Crochet magazine and to the I Like Crochet Collections Club; full and immediate access to the digital library of 4+ years of magazine issues with 600+ crochet patterns and articles; step-by-step instructions for patterns; and video tutorials and full-color photographs for details about projects and stitches.
Your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership gives you unlimited access to all of our crochet patterns and content, 24-hours-a-day on whatever device you prefer—desktop, laptop, or tablet. And the content is fully searchable, so you can find exactly what you want—when you want it—at your fingertips in an instant.
Here are just a few of the tantalizing patterns sitting in our library right now—and all contained in a single issue—to which you’ll get instant access when you join the I Like Crochet Gold Club as a Charter Member:
● Pineapple Tunisian Pillow
● Garden Glow Sweater
● Bear-y in Love Panda Amigurumi
● New Easy Granny Blanket
● Hydrangea Scarf
● Morning Walk Earwarmer
● Blue Sage Hooded Shawl
● Frosted Bluebell Cloche Hat & Overall Dress Set
● Love Me Knot Wristlet
● Roses are Red Vest
● Spearmint Hand & Face Towels
● Mineral Springs Cosmetic Bag
● Eucalyptus Eye Mask
● PLUS, instructions on mastering the 6-stitch right cable and adapting patterns for plus sizes. And I didn’t even list all of the patterns in this particular issue!
● And more—over 600 crochet patterns and articles in all!
And the library of photos and video tutorials is gorgeous, inspiring, and practical—showing you exactly how your finished patterns should look and exactly how to execute stitches and patterns, even the difficult ones!
When you join today, you’ll be connected to anything and everything about crochet—and you’ll enjoy all these benefits:
● You’ll learn all about every type of pattern and stitch in the crochet world, because we cover it all—from easy to intermediate and difficult, you’ll master every pattern.
● You’ll be the best crocheter you can be with regular, ongoing tips and tricks about materials and techniques that will help your work shine!
● You’ll build your reputation as a terrific crocheter in your circle of friends and family when you honor them with the gift of your craftwork.
● You’ll learn from known expert crochet designers, because I Like Crochet has access to the best of the best—access you’d be hard pressed to get on your own.
● And you’ll be instantly connected to the entire crochet community for idea-sharing, learning, and the bonding that comes when passionate crocheters meet (even if it’s only “meeting” online!).
How can you not consider becoming an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Member?
When you activate your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership today, you’ll get access to everything we have about crocheting—all access and all the time:
• A full year of upcoming issues of I Like Crochet magazine—BOTH the web edition and the tablet edition, including 150+ exclusive designer crochet patterns and articles with step-by-step instructions, video tutorials and full-color photography for details of projects and stitches
• Instant access to our vast library of more than 4 years of issues with 600+ patterns and articles
• A full-year’s subscription to the I Like Crochet Collections Club that includes 70+ designer patterns
• E-newsletters, full of the latest crochet tips & tricks
• Free patterns, Crochet Along community events, and much more!
And here is what you don’t get when you become a Charter Member of the I Like Crochet Gold Club—advertisements! That’s right, we’re advertising-free, so that we can devote more time, space, and effort to helping you be an awesome crocheter!
All of this is available to you —right now—when you claim your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership.
Why not join right now? Thousands of others already have.
Crocheters everywhere have been enjoying I Like Crochet magazine for years, and now it’s better than ever with more benefits, patterns, and content than you could ever dream of—with an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership.
When we first put this new club together for crocheters like you, your needs and desires were top-of mind. We’re the ultimate resource and network for crocheters everywhere, offering original designer patterns and content from authoritative and respected voices in the crochet world.
I think you’ll agree that this really is an unusual offer—Half-Off to become an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Member today! It’s an incredible deal that you don’t want to ignore!
Why not be among the select group of crocheters to join us today and benefit from all the valuable information about crocheting that you can’t get anywhere else?
Become an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Member today—while this special offer lasts!