From: The October 2017 issue of I Like Crochet
Skill level: Intermediate
With a winged onesie and cute little ears, the Frightfully Adorable Baby Bat Set pattern will make sure your baby takes first prize at the costume party.
Everyone will ooh and ah, wondering where such a darling bat costume came from. And the pictures! Baby—and your crochet skills—will be the star of your social media.
Halloween costumes for babies are always cute, and many are clever. But they can be cumbersome to put on your wriggly little one and not to mention, expensive to buy. Babies often resist wearing them, and no wonder. Not so with the Frightfully Adorable Baby Bat Set. The soft merino wool yarn and onesie-style construction allow babies to stretch and spread their new bat wings freely. Plus, the snap-tape closure makes it easy to get on and off, no matter how much your baby wiggles. And the hat! Ribbing keeps it comfortably in place, while the big floppy ears give it the final batty touch.
The Frightfully Adorable Baby Bat Set onesie pattern is mainly worked in single crochet, beginning with the back. Next you shape the armholes and crochet the front, neckline, and sleeves. The wings, with a picot edge, are worked separately and sewn to the body. The hat starts with a magic ring and is worked in single rounds from there, to the ribbing. The ears are worked separately and stitched to the cap.
Amanda Saladin designed this cute costume for I Like Crochet. With three young children and a background in costume design, she really knows what kids like to wear. She’s designed many kids’ crochet patterns, each one cuter than the last. And the Frightfully Adorable Baby Bat Set is a favorite.
The pattern includes:
- Complete stitch instructions for 2 sizes (6 and 12 months)
- List of materials, notions, and hook size
- Pattern and special stitch notes
- Finishing instructions
Imagine the compliments your baby—and you—will get for the Frightfully Adorable Baby Bat Set. This handmade costume will be handed down to siblings and friends, so everyone can have a turn being the cutest baby bat in the room. Start this pattern today and be ready in time for Halloween fun.
But this crochet pattern is just a fraction of what you’ll get with an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership—your membership includes subscriptions to I Like Crochet magazine and to the I Like Crochet Collections Club; full and immediate access to the digital library of 4+ years of magazine issues with 600+ crochet patterns and articles; step-by-step instructions for patterns; and video tutorials and full-color photographs for details about projects and stitches.
Your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership gives you unlimited access to all of our crochet patterns and content, 24-hours-a-day on whatever device you prefer—desktop, laptop, or tablet. And the content is fully searchable, so you can find exactly what you want—when you want it—at your fingertips in an instant.
Here are just a few of the tantalizing patterns sitting in our library right now—and all contained in a single issue—to which you’ll get instant access when you join the I Like Crochet Gold Club as a Charter Member:
● Pineapple Tunisian Pillow
● Garden Glow Sweater
● Bear-y in Love Panda Amigurumi
● New Easy Granny Blanket
● Hydrangea Scarf
● Morning Walk Earwarmer
● Blue Sage Hooded Shawl
● Frosted Bluebell Cloche Hat & Overall Dress Set
● Love Me Knot Wristlet
● Roses are Red Vest
● Spearmint Hand & Face Towels
● Mineral Springs Cosmetic Bag
● Eucalyptus Eye Mask
● PLUS, instructions on mastering the 6-stitch right cable and adapting patterns for plus sizes. And I didn’t even list all of the patterns in this particular issue!
● And more—over 600 crochet patterns and articles in all!
And the library of photos and video tutorials is gorgeous, inspiring, and practical—showing you exactly how your finished patterns should look and exactly how to execute stitches and patterns, even the difficult ones!
When you join today, you’ll be connected to anything and everything about crochet—and you’ll enjoy all these benefits:
● You’ll learn all about every type of pattern and stitch in the crochet world, because we cover it all—from easy to intermediate and difficult, you’ll master every pattern.
● You’ll be the best crocheter you can be with regular, ongoing tips and tricks about materials and techniques that will help your work shine!
● You’ll build your reputation as a terrific crocheter in your circle of friends and family when you honor them with the gift of your craftwork.
● You’ll learn from known expert crochet designers, because I Like Crochet has access to the best of the best—access you’d be hard pressed to get on your own.
● And you’ll be instantly connected to the entire crochet community for idea-sharing, learning, and the bonding that comes when passionate crocheters meet (even if it’s only “meeting” online!).
How can you not consider becoming an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Member?
When you activate your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership today, you’ll get access to everything we have about crocheting—all access and all the time:
• A full year of upcoming issues of I Like Crochet magazine—BOTH the web edition and the tablet edition, including 150+ exclusive designer crochet patterns and articles with step-by-step instructions, video tutorials and full-color photography for details of projects and stitches
• Instant access to our vast library of more than 4 years of issues with 600+ patterns and articles
• A full-year’s subscription to the I Like Crochet Collections Club that includes 70+ designer patterns
• E-newsletters, full of the latest crochet tips & tricks
• Free patterns, Crochet Along community events, and much more!
And here is what you don’t get when you become a Charter Member of the I Like Crochet Gold Club—advertisements! That’s right, we’re advertising-free, so that we can devote more time, space, and effort to helping you be an awesome crocheter!
All of this is available to you —right now—when you claim your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership.
Crocheters everywhere have been enjoying I Like Crochet magazine for years, and now it’s better than ever with more benefits, patterns, and content than you could ever dream of—with an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership.
When we first put this new club together for crocheters like you, your needs and desires were top-of mind. We’re the ultimate resource and network for crocheters everywhere, offering original designer patterns and content from authoritative and respected voices in the crochet world.
I think you’ll agree that this really is an unusual offer—Half-Off to become an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Member today! It’s an incredible deal that you don’t want to ignore!
Why not be among the select group of crocheters to join us today and benefit from all the valuable information about crocheting that you can’t get anywhere else?
Become an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Member today—while this special offer lasts!