Skill level: Easy
Everyone needs a simple striped crochet hat, and this one is full of interesting details. You’ll crochet stripes in two colors with a wide, ribbed brim that folds up and is topped with a pom pom—just the thing to add a touch of whimsy to classic stripes.
Kristen TenDyke’s designs are loved for their substance, style, creativity, and for being just plain fun. Her fans at I Like Crochet are always so excited when a new pattern comes out!
The Whimsical Striped Hat is crocheted from the brim up, beginning with snug ribbing that is so attractive and really keeps the hat in place. The brim is worked back and forth, and Kristen added a clever slip-stitch row halfway up the brim piece, so that it folds up and stays folded. No rolling down and covering your eyes!
After you’ve completed the brim, it’s sewn together, and you work the body of the hat off of one edge; from then on, you’re working the hat in one piece in rounds. The stripe sequence is a simple three-round cluster done in alternating colors.
Take a look through your worsted-weight stash for yarn for this hat or take a trip to a local yarn shop and choose your favorite shades. This would be a great pattern for school colors—go, team!
The Whimsical Striped Hat is designed for two colors, but who says that’s a rule? Make it even more fanciful and crochet it in a rainbow, using a different color for each stripe. Then use a few strands of each color in the pom pom.
The Whimsical Striped Hat pattern includes:
- Complete stitch instructions
- List of necessary materials
- Special stitch pattern instructions
- Pattern notes
- Detailed photography
- Finishing instructions
Stripes are such a simple yet effective pattern, and the Whimsical Striped Hat is flawlessly fresh and slouchy; it’s perfect for any fashion-forward guy or gal.
If you have a weekend of crochet time, then you can complete one (or maybe even two!) of these hats… one for you and one for a friend.
You’ll find the Whimsical Striped Hat pattern in the I Like Crochet pattern library. And, did you know you can have access to it anywhere you go? Just become a Gold Club Member, and you’ll be able to view this fun and easy hat pattern on your desktop, laptop or tablet—whichever device you prefer!
Get an entire library of everything about crochet—with your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership. Plus, FREE instant access to two on-demand streaming crochet videos — when you join today!
But this is just a fraction of what you’ll get with an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership—your membership includes subscriptions to the I Like Crochet Magazine Club and to the I Like Crochet Collections Club; full and immediate access to the digital library of 5+ years of magazine issues with 700+ crochet patterns and articles; step-by-step instructions for patterns; and video tutorials and full-color photographs for details about projects and stitches. All included with your Charter Membership!
Your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership gives you access to our crochet patterns and content, 24-hours-a-day on whatever device you prefer—desktop, laptop, or tablet! And the content is fully searchable, so you can find exactly what you want—when you want it—at your fingertips in an instant.
Here are just a few of the tantalizing patterns sitting in our library right now — you’ll get instant access when you join the I Like Crochet Gold Club as a Charter Member:
- Cuddly Crochet Baby Blankets
- Super-Cute Amigurumi
- Blue Sage Hooded Shawl
- Easygoing Crochet Tank
- Circular Chenille Afghan
- Marigold Blanket
- Baby Owl Bib
- Moonlit Shells Shawl
- Monster Baby Booties
- Adult Pocket Scarf
- Cropped Victoria Top
- Vine and Twigs Scarf
- Verde Velvet Pillow
- Kaja C2C Rug
- Flying Geese Jacket
- Two Sisters Lake Sweater
And the library of photos and video tutorials is gorgeous, inspiring, and practical—showing you exactly how your finished patterns should look and exactly how to execute, even the difficult ones!
When you join our #1 community for crochet-lovers, you’ll receive all of the handy benefits that crocheters everywhere have been buzzing about:
- You’ll learn new stitch techniques with a variety of patterns that range from beginner to advanced.
- You’ll find expert tips and tricks that will help you achieve professional results.
- You’ll start getting requests for your stunning crocheted items from your family and friends.
- You’ll have access to renowned designer patterns and tutorials from all over the world.
- You’ll never worry about mistakes in patterns or ripping out your progress because our tech-edited patterns are curated from trusted designers in the crochet community.
- You’ll be connected to an online community of crocheters who are just as passionate as you!
Don’t miss out on this exclusive charter membership offer to get all of the above and more!
When you activate your I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership today, you’ll get access to everything we have about crocheting—all access and all the time:
- A full year of upcoming issues of I Like Crochet magazine—BOTH the web edition and the tablet edition, including nearly 100 exclusive designer crochet patterns and articles with step-by-step instructions, video tutorials and full-color photography for details of projects and stitches
- Instant access to EVERY issue we’ve ever published—a vast library of more than 5 years of issues with 700+ patterns and articles
- A full-year’s subscription to the I Like Crochet Collections Club that includes gorgeous designer patterns
- Regular e-newsletters, full of the latest crochet tips & tricks
- Free patterns, expert tips, and Crochet Along community events
- FREE Bonus! FREE access to two on-demand streaming crochet videos Crochet Secrets Revealed: 12 Tutorials by Michael Sellick and Back to Basics: 11 Essential Techniques and Stitches for Every Crocheter. FREE, instant, full, and unlimited access for you right now!
And here is what you don’t get when you become a Charter Member of the I Like Crochet Gold Club—advertisements! That’s right, we’re advertising-free, so that we can devote more time, space, and effort to helping you be an awesome crocheter!
All of this is available to you—right now—when you claim your Charter Membership to I Like Crochet Gold Club. This special introductory offer includes FREE unlimited access to two on-demand streaming crochet videos Crochet Secrets Revealed: 12 Tutorials by Michael Sellick and Back to Basics: 11 Essential Techniques and Stitches for Every Crocheter…our gift to you for signing up now!
No other online magazine has this much information about crochet all in one place for your easy access!
Crocheters everywhere have been enjoying I Like Crochet magazine for years, and now it’s better than ever with more benefits, patterns, and content than you could ever dream of—with an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Membership.
Charter Membership Offer is
Now in Effect for You!
When you respond today, you’ll not only get your Charter Membership benefits, but you’ll also receive FREE unlimited access to two premium on-demand streaming crochet videos Crochet Secrets Revealed: 12 Tutorials by Michael Sellick. and Back to Basics: 11 Essential Techniques and Stitches for Every Crocheter FREE, instant, full, and unlimited, access for you right now! Claim this special Charter Membership offer today—while it lasts!
When we first put this new club together for crocheters like you, your needs and desires were top-of mind. We’re the ultimate resource and network for crocheters everywhere, offering original designer patterns and content from authoritative and respected voices in the crochet world.
I think you’ll agree that this really is an unusual offer, plus FREE access to our premium on-demand streaming crochet videos when you become an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Member today! It’s an incredible deal that you don’t want to ignore!
Why not be among the select group of crocheters to join us today and benefit from all the valuable information about crocheting that you can’t get anywhere else?
Become an I Like Crochet Gold Club Charter Member today—while this special offer lasts!
Editor, I Like Crochet Magazine