To make the That’s A Wrap Shirt by Karen von Kluge, you’ll need to know how to do the Foundation Half Double Crochet to get started. Follow along with this photo tutorial to help you make the perfect shirt!
Foundation half double crochet (Fhdc): Ch 2, yo, insert hook into 1st ch, yo, pull up a lp (3 lps on hook), * yo, pull through 1st lp on hook to create the 1st ch st (pinch this stitch between the thumb and forefinger of your non-hook hand to hold it open and make it easier to work into; it is the space below the 1st and 2nd lps on the hook), yo, pull through all 3 lps on the hook to complete the 1st foundation hdc. To begin the 2nd foundation hdc, yo and insert hook into the ch st you were pinching, repeat from *.
- Chain 2.
- Yarn over and insert hook into first chain. Yarn over and pull up a loop (three loops on hook).
- Yarn over and pull through the first loop on the hook to create the first chain stitch.
- Pinch this stitch between the thumb and forefinger of your non-hook hand to hold it open and make it easier to work into; it is the space below the first and second loops on the hook.
- Yarn over and pull through all three loops on the hook to complete the first foundation hdc stitch.
- To begin the second foundation hdc stitch, yarn over and insert the hook into the chain stitch you were pinching, repeat from step three.
After creating the foundation hdc, all stitches are placed in between the posts rather than in the top two loops of the stitch.
Row 1: Fhdc 90.